Yarmouth Police Department Wins Prestigious New England Community Policing Award
The Yarmouth Police Department has received the New England Association of Chiefs of Police Community Policing Award for 2012 and was presented with the extraordinary award during a special ceremony on Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 10:00 AM at Yarmouth Police Headquarters.
The Yarmouth Police Department is one of only three police agencies in New England to receive this award. The other two are Manchester, New Hampshire Police Department and the University of Massachusetts Police Department at Dartmouth.
The Yarmouth Police Department was chosen due to our commitment to excellence in policing and our wide-ranging community oriented programs and overall dedication to our community.
The award submission was based on the Yarmouth Police Crime Watch Program led by Yarmouth Police Lieutenant Patrick Carty in partnership with the Yarmouth Police Community Advisory Team. Some of the other Yarmouth Police Department programs featured are:
- Polar Plunge for Seniors
- Secret Santa for Seniors
- Shop with a Cop
- Citizen PoliceAcademy
- Over 3,000 Followers on Facebook and Twitter
- Coffee with the Chief
- CodeRED Automated Community Alert
- YPDBLUE 5K Run for a Reason Community Road Race
- Unwanted Prescription Drug Turn-In
- Operation Safe Ride Home
- Annual National Night Out Against Crime
- Unwanted Firearms and Ammunition Turn-In
- Senior Center Lecture Series
- Community Food Drives
- Wounded Warrior Soldier Ride on Cape Cod
- Racquetball Tournament Fundraiser for Wounded and Fallen Veterans
- School Resource Officer Program
- Law Enforcement Torch Run for Massachusetts Special Olympics
- Mock Impaired Driving Crash at Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School
Our goal is to make Yarmouth the Safest Community in the Region.
We will continue to build strong citizen support and partnerships through transparency and inclusion. We are extremely proud of the work of each and every member of our police department and are deeply honored to be receiving this award.
Former Yarmouth Police Chiefs Robert F. Chapman, Peter L. Carnes, and Michael J. Almonte attended this ceremony as well as several other Cape Cod and New England area dignitaries.