FIREARMS LICENSING: Due to COVID-19 precautions, only New Applicants are required to come to the police station. Anyone entering the facility must wear a protective mask. At this time, only 3 people are allowed in our lobby at any given time.
The fee for applications is $100.00, unless you are over 70 years of age. Application processing is free to applicants over 70 years of age. A check or money order is acceptable, made payable to TOWN OF YARMOUTH.
The following guidelines will assist you in submitting your application via US Mail:
- New license applicants should download the Massachusetts Resident Firearms Application located at the bottom of this page
- New applicants are required to take a Massachusetts Firearms Safety Course. Upon completion of the safety course applicants will be issued a certificate which will be required documentation for the firearms license application.
- New license applicants will be required to come to the Yarmouth Police Department Records Division during business hours to submit their application and have their fingerprints taken. We will not accept applications that are mailed or dropped off for New Applicants.
- Please be sure to include cash, check or money order for the licensing fee in the amount
- A receipt of the transaction is available upon request.
- Applicants renewing a current firearms license must submit an application and complete
the Affidavit page.
- All applicants should mail their completed application form to:
Yarmouth Police Department
ATTN: Records Division
340 Higgins Crowell Rd
West Yarmouth, MA 02673
Please be sure to include a check or money order for the licensing fee in the amount of $100
A receipt of the transaction is available upon request.
Renewal applicants will not require new fingerprints.
Licenses will remain Active, so long as applicants renew their license BEFORE its
expiration, until the new one is either approved or denied.
If you have any questions regarding firearms licensing procedures or applicable fees, please
contact Records Officer Nicholas Giammarco at 508-775-0445 Ext. 2136 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Firearm Fees as follows:
License to Carry $100.00
Firearms Identification Card $100.00
Firearms Identification Card-under 18 YOA $25.00
Renewal applicants over the age of 70 FREE
Retired law enforcement personnel $25.00
Make all checks and money orders payable to TOWN OF YARMOUTH.